California law requires minors to have 6 hours of behind the wheel driver training with a licensed driving instructor. Successful completion of a written test is required before starting driver training. We also offer online drivers education classes to prepare you for the written test.
Our program consists of (3) 2 hour lessons with free pick up and drop off from home, school, work, or whatever suits student’s schedule. We space the lessons out a bit to give the students practice time between lessons.
Our lesson plans may vary depending on the skill level of the student. Items may be added or removed at the discretion of the instructor.
We offer lessons 7 days a week. Mornings (even before school), afternoons, and evenings. We do our best to accomodate all schedules.
With our combined 30+ years experience, we not only equip students with the skills needed to pass the DMV drive test, we teach defensive driving, courtesy on the road, and best practices.
Our lesson plans vary depending on the needs of the student. We teach at the students pace not ours.
Overview of our lesson plans:
- Vehicle orientation
- Smooth stops/starts
- Limit lines/crosswalks
- Intersections (2 way, 4 way, roundabouts, yield, uncontrolled, etc…)
- Turning (right turn lanes, left turn lanes, center/2 way turn lanes, etc…)
- Lane changes
- Parking lot and curbside parking
- Backing the vehicle
- Scanning / defensive driving
- Identifying (i.e lane markings, signs, signals)
- Speed and speed laws
- Lane position
- Arm signals
- Review lesson 1
- One way streets
- Heavy traffic
- Double turn lanes
- Heavy traffic lane changes
- Railroad crossing / emergency vehicle / school bus rules
- (Freeway for Central Valley students)
- Review lesson 1 & 2
- Drive Test prep
- Explanation of everything on the DMV behind the wheel test
- Practice test to identify any issues
- Review test score
- Practice any issues from the test & any maneuvers students are not confident with.
- (Freeway for West Side students)